Director of Finance Strategy & Operations
Finance & Accounting / Full-Time
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
We are looking for a Director of Finance Strategy & Operations to establish an engagement model and processes to govern how the organization approaches process improvement and technology solutions to support long-term scale. This Finance role will apply proven experience in successfully managing and executing multiple significant transformation initiatives around Finance/Accounting process and systems implementation life cycles. In this high-visibility role, you will get your hands dirty in the details of a project while simultaneously seeing the whole picture. Working directly with the CFO you will interact and build relationships with C-level personnel and senior leadership to drive change across multiple functions to drive improvement in operational excellence.
The ideal candidate is at the intersection of a strong project manager and a financial expert who understands the potential that successful financial controls and policy unlock. Most importantly, the candidate will deliver through strong relationships and use excellent communication to reach consensus across leadership on how to most effectively implement new and improved processes to drive growth.
What You'll Do
- Oversee overall program execution, including enablement of teams to drive change management and the successful adoption of improved processes and tools across the entire organization, including:
- Order-to-Cash, Procure-to-Pay, Record-to-Report, Hire-to-Retire, Vendor Management, Monthly Close, Investor Reporting, Data Room Readiness, etc.
- Operating Model Design
- Technology Optimization and Roadmaps
- Corporate Policy Design, including Travel & Entertainment and Corporate Credit Card programs
- Codification of knowledge and work practices across the organization into a “Corporate Brain”
- Ability to identify issue root cause(s), develop business case justification, obtain stakeholder alignment; recommend prioritization of solutions and execute deliverables
- Proactively build trusted partnerships with external stakeholders (Sales, GTM Operations, People, Legal, etc.)
- Communicate project strategy, updates, escalation of risks/issues to multiple levels of management, including executive leadership teams across the organization.
- Lead critical major cross-functional initiatives and projects for the organization including process implementations, operational improvements and international expansion
- Leverage data insights to propose project execution strategy and measure results
- Establish and maintain roadmap for core processes, systems and tools
- Drive initiatives to increase effectiveness, reduce costs and improve profit/shareholder value
- Develop and track prioritization policies for projects, OKRs, and KPIs that include success measures and direct support to internal corporate goals
What You Will Bring
- 10+ years strategy & operations experience, including consulting at or for a B2B SaaS company
- Master in Business Administration
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field is a plus
- Subject matter expert in strategic finance best practices and financial business processes including order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, record-to-report , FP&A, as well as other functions under the CFO purview
- Extensive experience leading organizational transformation practices and expertise related to the design and implementation of strategies, processes and technology.
- Knowledge and experience with financial system applications such as CRM, Subscription Management, ERP, Spend Management, Commissions software, and data platforms.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills. Verbally articulate and skilled in driving consensus
- Able to effectively communicate complex issues and solutions, and raise issues to senior team members when necessary
- Strong Google Suite skills
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with 4% company match
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of August
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 sick/wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• $1,000 virtual card for comfortable remote working equipment
• 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Work from anywhere in the United States and Canada!
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.