Senior Software Engineer, API
Engineering / Full-Time
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Kandji, you will design and build the core services that power our web application, while maintaining security and scalability. You will work alongside our macOS, Front End, and DevOps engineers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience building large-scale, mission-critical enterprise software in an object-oriented language.
- Participate in scrum meetings, develop in an agile environment
- Collaborate with team members, technical lead and the product and design teams
- Work closely with other engineers to create and implement features around Apple’s MDM protocol
- Use MDM expertise to collaborate with team members to build scalable systems around device fleet management
- Contribute code for new features with a heavy emphasis on quality
- Develop intuitive, robust, and scalable software designed to handle high-volume use cases
- Triage issues and implement appropriate fixes
- 3+ years of eng experience using modern languages (Python and Django/FastAPI Preffered)
- Experience with SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with RESTful API design and implementations
- Good knowledge of microservices-based architectures and distributed system design
- Experience with CI/CD tools with an emphasis on building quality code and speed to market
- Experience with writing both unit and integration tests
- Understanding of AWS or other cloud technologies
Nice to haves:
- Experience developing gRPC-based services.
- Experience architecting and designing service-based backend architectures for data-driven applications.
- Experience with pub-sub networking technologies such as MQTT and/or sockets/WebSockets, etc.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with 4% company match
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of August
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 sick/wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• $1,000 virtual card for comfortable remote working equipment
• 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Work from anywhere in the United States and Canada!
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.