Product / Full-Time
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
As a Technical Writer at Kandji, you will be responsible for crafting all in-app/UI copy as well as associated documentation for every aspect of our Apple device management solution ensuring that it is clear, correct, comprehensive, and concise. We are looking for great writers with strong technical proficiencies to help our users succeed with how they use our rapidly evolving platform.
Day to Day
- Work closely with the product design team, Product Managers, SMEs, Product Engineers, and Solutions Engineers in an Agile development environment to produce in-app/UI copy, online support material, product release notes, and any other technical, support, or UI copy/documentation as required.
- Understand and be able to document complex apps, including desktop, iOS, and web apps.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the technologies that underpin our products.
- Adhere to the established style guides that specify the writing style and tone of the Kandji voice.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a technical writer.
- A portfolio of relevant writing sample work that shows you can simplify complex technical content into clear, concise and comprehensive copy.
- Experience writing about technology solutions for Enterprise IT admins in the Apple ecosystem, including MDM, device management, application deployment, automated backup, development, security tools, monitoring, etc.
- Develop an understanding of and familiarity with the Apple Style Guide.
- Have excellent composition and grammar skills.
- Understand the software life cycle.
- Be able to manage documentation schedules, reviews, and approval process.
- Work with minimal direction toward predetermined goals, and be able to quickly become proficient with new tools and software.
- Independently anticipate and resolve problems in a fast-paced application development team environment.
- Love technical writing!
Qualities and Characteristics
- Be an outstanding teammate — must be able to work with design, engineering, and business teams to capture information and communicate clearly with all teams.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and able to research and acquire information independently.
- Exceptional project management, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Strong sense of initiative, follow-through, and extreme attention to detail.
- You combine creativity with critical thinking; your analytical approach means you ask the right questions and make sense of complex content.
- Bring empathy and clarity through your words, and always see things from a customer’s point of view.
- Ability to thrive in an ego-free, collaborative, and cross-functional team environment.
- A confident communicator and cross-organizational team player who can thrive in a dynamic sometimes ambiguous working environment.
- You are excited and intent on raising the bar with smart, delightful copy solutions that solve real customer problems and align with wider company goals and priorities.
- You seek and offer candid and constructive feedback, and lean into challenges with curiosity, humility, and a willingness to understand.
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with 4% company match
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of August
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 sick/wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• $1,000 virtual card for comfortable remote working equipment
• 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Work from anywhere in the United States and Canada!
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.