Solutions Engineer, Security
Solutions / Full-Time
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
As a Solutions Engineer, Security at Kandji, you’re an essential technical resource during the customer's evaluation of Kandji and a security SME to your team. You’ll also act as the voice of the customer by sharing customer feedback and insights with our Product teams, reporting issues to our Engineering teams, and enabling our Revenue teams.
Our mission is to be a trusted partner to customers who want to create world-class experiences for their users. At Kandji, the Solutions Engineering team consists of former Apple platform engineers who believe in a better way to manage Apple devices. We take great pride in responding to our customer’s questions with timely, accurate responses and empowering them to ensure their Apple fleet is managed and adequately secured.
Day to Day
- Work hand-in-hand with the Revenue team by participating in calls with potential customers to show them a demonstration of Kandji in action. You’ll provide commentary, detailed technical explanations, examples from your experience, and answer customer questions based on your experience managing Apple devices with MDM and other tools.
- Act as a security subject matter expert for the Solutions Engineering team and be an adhoc resource for prospective customers who are looking to achieve a specific security posture with Kandji.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with our customers throughout the sales process by email. Your writing should be clear, direct, and friendly.
- Coordinate with the Revenue team to prepare for Revenue meetings by researching potential customers, reviewing information from discovery calls, and tailoring your comments to the needs of each customer.
- Be an encyclopedia of knowledge about how Kandji works - our potential customers represent a wide range of needs across Apple hardware, wireless connectivity, and software products, so you need to be ready for anything.
- Become our customers' best advocate; you’ll funnel customer feedback to our Product and Engineering teams so we can make sure we’re building features our customers will love.
- Coordinate with our Customer Success team to assist with any technical questions during renewal discussions. You’ll be a resource for existing customers too.
- Work directly with our Support team to identify and resolve any issues during the trial while keeping our customers informed.
- Provide internal technical training, and participate in sales enablement activities to ensure our team is prepared to explain how Kandji works, where we fit in the Apple ecosystem, and how we can solve problems with our customers.
- Solutions Engineers usually spend about 55% of their time on customer calls, 20% on internal projects and collaboration, 15% on deal-related activities, and 10% on personal development.
- 3+ years of work experience managing Apple devices in an Enterprise, Government, or Education environment.
- Experienced in endpoint security, AV, and EDR.
- Detailed knowledge relating to network security and certificate-based authentication.
- Strong understanding of macOS hardening.
- First-hand experience achieving security frameworks on macOS (SOC 2, FedRAMP, NIST, ISO 27001, etc.)
- An excellent understanding of Apple macOS, iOS, and iPadOS and core services like ABM/ASM, MDM, ADE, Apps & Books, APNs, etc.
- Familiarity with shell scripting, Python, and using Terminal to execute commands or run scripts.
- Great problem-solving abilities, a curious nature, and a genuine interest in learning new technology in a fast-paced startup.
- Can work collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Support, and Engineering; the Solutions Engineer should be the technical bridge between Kandji and prospects/customers.
- The ability to rapidly switch gears across tools while retaining focus on the bigger picture.
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills to concisely communicate about complex security/technology topics with various external audiences, including C-level executives.
- Strong emotional intelligence; ability to intuit customer sentiment and match their tone to ensure you communicate in the method they’ll relate to most.
- Exceptional ability to collaborate across multiple teams and represent technical details to different audiences.
- Experience with Device Management solutions like Kandji, Jamf Pro, Workspace One UEM, etc.
- Experience with large Apple device deployments.
- Experience with malware, threat intelligence, or sandbox analysis.
- Experience helping customers understand MDM as a solutions engineer, trainer, or IT leader.
- Experience troubleshooting IT issues on Apple devices, including Mac, iPhone, and iPad.
- Experience with support tools and platforms like Salesforce, Zendesk, and JIRA.
- Experience working with Enterprise customers to help resolve complex technical issues.
- Knowledge and experience integrating Apple hardware with printers, routers, Wi-Fi access points, directory services, Kerberos and SSO, enterprise applications, etc.
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with 4% company match
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of August
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 sick/wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• $1,000 virtual card for comfortable remote working equipment
• 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Work from anywhere in the United States and Canada!
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.