Director of Media Operations, Kandji Media
Marketing / Full-Time
Kandji is building the future of Apple Enterprise Management. The use of Apple devices in the enterprise is growing rapidly. Drawing on decades of experience in Apple IT, we saw a dire need for a modern Apple device management platform that could accommodate growing businesses and increasing regulatory demands.
Kandji grew to hundreds of B2B customers within a few months of initial product launch in 2019, and secured a $100 million Series C in late 2021. Today, we have a 95% Customer Satisfaction rate and a rapidly growing community of customers, including names like Crunchbase, Belkin, Rackspace, Allbirds, FabFitFun, VSCO, and Turo.
Behind our business is a handful of the best investors in tech. Together, we are creating a new category of device management that can better serve modern businesses.
Kandji is looking for a Director of Media Operations, Kandji Media to lead our new content & Media ecosystem. We are not just educating, but inspiring, entertaining and helping. We firmly believe that, done well, this approach to content and media will drive incremental customer lifetime value. This role will report to the Head of Corporate Marketing and will be a strategic and visible role.
In this role, you will have two clear mandates: (1) serve as the leader and operator of a distributed content and media ecosystem and (2) own a distinct content and media entity that spans an online publication, podcast, video and more. You will drive the roadmap, operations, and execution to deliver the content and media to the right audiences. Inherent to the mandate is close partnership with many other teams - corporate marketing, creative, brand, internal subject matter experts, marketing and more - to ensure that all pieces (content strategy, infrastructure, process, creation, distribution, insights) ladder to an integrated platform that solves for our ambition.
Day to Day
- Serve as the ‘go to’ leader and operator for the Kandji content and media operation and ecosystem - execute, operate and drive a holistic, integrated content and media plan
- Partner with Creative, Brand and Marketing teams to build content ‘supply chains’, i.e., clear repeatable processes from content strategy, creation through to distribution that enable us to deliver various forms of content and media to the right audiences at the right moments
- Create internal presentations, project plans, operational processes and other cross-functional materials to pitch your ideas, get buy-in, clarify how the plan will be executed and closely manage projects to completion, providing visibility to relevant stakeholders.
- Lead and manage overall content calendar and cross-channel promotion and optimization of content
- Help prioritize story and content ideas and tactfully make decisions on what content and projects we say yes to.
- Chart the path to content at scale, thinking specifically about the role of owned content (what we create ourselves), strategic partnerships and third-party content creators (how we partner with others to create content on our behalf)
- Partner with the Video team to streamline production and distribution across channels.
- Manage overall budget of the content/media operations and its team
- Help manage internal content team and team of freelance writers, copyeditors, and external contributors.
- Conduct cross-channel content analytics and extract insight to spot trending opportunities, identify white space, find gaps in our offerings and inform priorities
- Incubate new ideas by standing up new efforts as they get off the ground, effectively ensuring alignment and buy in from other stakeholders.
- Partner with the search optimization to employ best practices, explore external syndication etc.
- Work with Head of Corporate Marketing to create a measurement roadmap; take a test and learn approach, balancing both data and instinct.
- 8-10 + years experience leading large scale, cross functional business initiatives, ideally within a content, media, or technology specific space, or experience at top-tier media outlet/publication
- Proven track record of taking ownership, and driving results, most notably on complex initiatives that span multiple stakeholders and teams
- Not just an idea or strategy professional, you know how to work across an org, get support for your ideas, then execute and “do” to bring your ideas to life.
- Willing to be “hands on” as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Highly collaborative approach - you can quickly establish credibility upwards and cross-functionally to impact decisions through both formal and informal influence
- A customer-centric attitude with a strong intuition for what consumers want - you have instinct around what makes content great
- Ability to develop, articulate, and execute strategy, while communicating progress and escalating roadblocks and tradeoffs to a senior audience
- General knowledge of Apple and/or SaaS technologies
- Extreme attention to detail
- A growth mentality
Nice-to-Haves, but NOT Required
- Journalistic experience at a top tier online publication
- Knowledge of Apple IT and/or security technologies
- Can help expand content globally, localization
Benefits & Perks
• Competitive salary
• 100% individual and dependent medical + dental + vision coverage
• 401(k) with 4% company match
• 20 days PTO + Kandji Wellness Week off the first week of August
• 14 paid holidays per year
• 10 sick/wellness days per year
• Equity for full-time employees
• $1,000 virtual card for comfortable remote working equipment
• 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
• Cell phone & Internet stipend
• Work from anywhere in the United States and Canada!
• Exciting opportunities for career growth
• An outstanding, inclusive culture
We are excited to be serving a significant need for a fast-growing market, and are proud of the high-performing team we have brought together so far. If you’re someone who wants to engage in new, exciting projects that will challenge your skills in the best way possible, we would love to connect with you.
At Kandji we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.