1. What Is A Cookie?
Cookies come in a few different forms, but are usually small text files that are stored in the browser directory or program data area of the device you are using to access the internet. The cookies usually have an identification number of some sort, which corresponds to a similar ID tag logged by the company issuing the cookie that can be used to gather information on how you use a site and so on.
2. Managing Cookies
You can manage cookies through your browser in many cases. Visit the following links for the browser you use to learn more:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027947/microsoft-edge-delete-cookies
- Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/privacy/websites/#cookies
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
You can also visit the National Advertising Initiative to manage cookies for large groups of companies:
Follow is a list of cookies currently active through Kandji.io.