2023: A Year of Innovations
In 2023, we released several product innovations, shared some big announcements, and received a few noteworthy recognitions. Before we get too far into the new year, join us as we reflect back on highlights from this past year at Kandji. To stay up to date on our latest product announcements, be sure to subscribe at updates.kandji.io.
Next Generation of Managed OS
Maintaining control over the operating systems installed on devices and keeping those OSes up to date are core jobs for any Apple admin. Doing so protects against security threats, maintains compatibility with hardware and software, and provides a better experience for users.
Last year, we rebuilt the core architecture of Managed OS to optimize performance and reliability while also adding new features. We also adopted Apple’s declarative device management framework to handle updates to macOS Sonoma, iOS 17, and iPadOS 17.
Endpoint Detection & Response
In 2023, we released Kandji Endpoint Detection & Response, purpose-built to detect and stop security threats in the Mac ecosystem
Built in-house by product leaders with decades of experience in Mac threat research, Kandji EDR enables teams to analyze file metadata, detect the potential for malicious activity, and quarantine files as needed. It protects against both malware and potentially unwanted programs (PUPs).
We then quickly iterated on our initial release, adding enhanced controls for external storage volumes so EDR customers could control access to USB and CD/DVD drives, as well as disc images and server volumes
Boosting Support for iOS and iPadOS
We’ve supported managing iOS and iPadOS devices for years. But in 2023, we introduced new key features, making Kandji even more effective at managing mobile fleets. Some of these updates include:
- Managed OS: Ensure every iPhone and iPad has the latest version of their OS.
- Home Screen Layout and Wallpaper management: Configure the apps and backgrounds that appear on managed mobile devices.
- Return to Service: Reset those devices and ready them for new users.
- Lost Mode: Locate mobile devices when they’re lost or stolen without compromising user privacy.
- Device naming: Apply consistent naming formulae to iPhone and iPad at scale, easing interoperability with other elements of your tech stack.
Integrating into the Enterprise
Integrating Kandji into your tech stack can save you time, strengthen your security posture, and automate activities that are prone to error. In the past year, we significantly expanded our portfolio of integrations, which now include:
- Google Workspace: If you use Google Workspace as your identity provider (IdP), you can now use Kandji Passport to sync the passwords users have stored on their local devices with those they’ve saved in Google.
- Okta Device Trust: Thanks to our new integration with ODT, companies can require that only Apple devices that are managed by Kandji can access Okta-secured SaaS apps.
- AWS Marketplace: Kandji is now available for purchase in the AWS Marketplace, the digital catalog for customers of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
50 New Auto Apps
We expanded our library of Auto Apps—which put software updates and patch management on auto-pilot—by 50 titles in 2023. Those apps cover the gamut of business software, including:
- Business communications (Microsoft Teams, Telegram, Discord)
- Developer tools (Visual Studio, IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate, PyCharm Professional)
- Virtualization (Parallels Desktop, VMWare Fusion)
- Hardware connectivity (YubiKey Manager, Wacom Tablet)
- Data visualization (Tableau Desktop)
Last year’s releases bring our total of Auto Apps to 150—here’s the full current list.
24-Hour Global Support
While continuing to deliver new features, we also provide Kandji customers across the globe with access to the Kandji Support team 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday. In 2023, our Support team provided:
- 50,000 unique customer interactions.
- 96% positive customer satisfaction.
- Average response time of less than 1 minute for Kandji support chat.
- 250,000 page-views of our knowledge base articles.
Winning Awards, Leading the Industry
Kandji was named to the 2023 Forbes list of Next Billion-Dollar Startups, published by Forbes in partnership with TrueBridge Capital Partners. Kandji was one of only 25 startups selected for its distinguished business success and innovation.
Kandji was also proud to be named the #1 fastest-growing app in Okta’s 2023 Businesses at Work report. Across all categories, Kandji posted an incredible 172% YoY growth in customers
There’s More to Come
Our product roadmap for 2024 is filling up fast. In the first quarter alone, we expect to announce:
- Reporting: The general release of Prism, our new reporting tool, will let Kandji customers easily create reports about key categories across all the systems they administer. Whether you need reports for compliance, company policy, or troubleshooting, Prism can do it in a few clicks.
- ServiceNow: By integrating with ServiceNow, Kandji customers will be able to sync their Apple device inventory to the ServiceNow Configuration Management Database. That integration is in a limited early-access program for select customers now, but will be in general release soon.
- Compliance: We’ve successfully completed our ISO 27001 certification— the international standard for information security management. That certification demonstrates that Kandji takes a systematic, continuous approach to securing customer data, as well as our own corporate information.
Kandji is the Apple device management and security platform that empowers secure and productive global work. With Kandji, Apple devices transform themselves into enterprise-ready endpoints, with all the right apps, settings, and security systems in place. Through advanced automation and thoughtful experiences, we’re bringing much-needed harmony to the way IT, InfoSec, and Apple device users work today and tomorrow.